For orders or questions please contact the contacts in the CONTACTS section on the side.
List of documents required for GVMS:
- Transit, import or export declarations to be included in the GMR.
- Data required for GVMS submission:
- Information about the route / border crossing point,the port of departure and destination;
- Vehicle registration number
Information required for GVMS:
- Customs office where the customs transit clearance is started;
- Customs office where the customs transit clearance is completed;
- Other relevant information related to imported goods, if requested;
- Contact details for clarification or communication of information about the service provided;
- Payer information.
What else should you know about this service?
• The references in the declarations must be linked so that the person transporting the commodities (eg the driver) has to provide only one reference at the border (Groods Movement Reference or GMR).
• Linking the movement of commodities to declarations allows automatic entry / exit of goods in HMRC systems.
• Automation of the transit office function, marking of the entry of commodities into the NI (Northern Ireland) or GB (Great Britain).
• Notification of the risky outcome of declarations (held or executed) in HMRC systems, which must be sent to the person controlling the commodities by the time they physically arrive in the UK.
"Bunasta" customs declarants can process the documents while the driver is waiting in the office or send them by e-mail, thus speeding up the process. Transit or export declarations are not required for humanitarian consignments, but the GMR code is required.
The Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) is a government - commodities movement accounting system, designed to facilitate the movement of commodities and link commodities in transit with commodities declarations.
The GVMS operates for commodities moving to or from Northern Ireland and Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) under the CTC (Common Transit Convention) procedures.Used for both imports and exports to facilitate transit. Implemented since 2022. as well as for commodities carried under the TIR (Transports Internationaux Routiers or International Road Transport) procedures.